Why Content Is Still King + Always Will Be!
Once you've started creating a brand for yourself, the next job is to start becoming "irresistible" by creating a reputation that will attract your tribe and keep bringing them back to order more of your products and services.
The goal is to build your brand to the point where your tribeconsiders your logo and/or your name to be a 'stamp of quality' so that they know they can trust you. You'll then become an "it girl" in your niche, and your tribe will you out to get your opinion, etc.
And when you're serving first, the sales will take care of themselves.
One of the best ways to reach this point is through content marketing. This means creating and sharing content on your website, and social media. This demonstrates your knowledge and over time builds your "like, know, & trust" factor.
The mistake that a lot of bizbabes make here is in thinking that they can build that name for them with just one or two posts. But to quote the famous (or infamous depending on your view), Gary V-- it's all about the micro actions daily, that build the macro goals -- patience is key.
What comes over night, can go overnight. Building a sustainable brand and business is a long term play.
Let's break down the process--
1. A visitor finds your content on your blog or social media, finds it valuable and entertaining. They then leave your site and give you no further thought.
2. They then find another of your posts and find it entertaining again. They then make a note of your website name/brand.
3. They then come across you a couple more times and eventually come to think of you as someone they can trust-- especially in your niche. They may actively look around the rest of your site and possibly subscribe to your mailing list.
4. In future, when trying to find out about a topic in your niche, they will specifically search for your website or business name along with their question because they know they can trust your answer.
5. At this point, they consider you an industry leader and if you recommend or suggest something for them to buy they will be much more likely to make a purchase.
(Meanwhile, as you continue to provide your quality content consistently in your niche on a blog and/or website platform you'll continue to build SEO cred with search engines like Google)
As you can see -- this is a PROCESS and is dependent on you delivering high quality content consistently!
Are you showing up consistently with quality, strategic content on a platform that also builds and drives SEO? If so, link us baby! If not-- why not? What's holding you back?